View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #53
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, the 5th gens don't have enough power to do that, the Z06 doesn't either, so I imagine that a stock 4th gen has a snowballs chance . . .

I ran a bunch of numbers a while ago, and the 5th gen SS's should top out at 175-185 mph. Auto is gear limited, manual is aero limited. I think. Exact numbers are not possible because I could only estimate the cross section and there haven't been any dyno runs.
I'd like to encourage you to see what numbers you come up with once these Camaro's come out, if you have the time. A while back in another thread I told headpunter that he was one of the small number of guys who's posts I most look forward to reading. You are also one of that small number of people who I make it a point to read completely when I see you've written something! Have fun for now. Vrooooommmmmm
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~