View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:18 PM   #6
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
+1 Just had to spend a few extra minutes aligning the latch to get it to catch when closed. No big deal. It's just tension applied, no spring.
Replaced a missing/broken latch on my 2010 using the instructions/pics above by nevrenz for removing just the lid cover itself by removing the 8 easily visible lid underside screws.

The latch locating pins shown in one of the pics above were missing from our 2010. I had to cut off some ears on the inner lid itself in the latch area to get the current GM latch part # to sit correctly between the 2 screws. It all worked like new after this slight modification. The screws hold it in place and keep it centered up even without the pins. Car was built NOV 2010, so I suspect the design was changed to what is shown in the pics above (with the additional 2 "+" shaped latch locating pins) added after this as a running design change to aid assembly.

For reference the GM part number of the latch itself is 92249064 and it is about $5 from a dealer. Cheapest just ordering from local dealer (even at list) as shipping for buying online kills any savings there on such a relatively low $ part.

Last edited by bub; 05-24-2018 at 08:29 AM.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote