View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Well I agree with the bulletin however it's no secret that the early cars had color issues with the parts painted by the suppliers (front and rear fascias, gas filler door, RS roof strips). The key is to look at the gas filler door - if it is off color, the complaint is probably valid.
OR...the gas door is slightly out of adjustment and the angle is different.

Statements like these will send the conspiracy theorists running to their dealer to get their filler door repainted because they are SURE it is wrong. We saw this with some of the Grand Prix and Firebird crowd at the dealership I was at...a TSB would come out and they would come in SURE they had the problem...even though upon reading the TSB was for one engine and they had another.

Were there paint problems? Maybe. What constitutes early? Is it just being an R6P car? What if the R6P has just been built? If it isn't a secret that some cars had problems, where does the VIN break occur so that those affected can know to check?

If we continue to post generalized statements about occurrences, this board will become as bad about misinformation as some of the others I frequent.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote