View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
Went To The Dealership... Left W/O Car

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible... but I doubt it will happen.

So my dad & I went to the Chevy dealership on Wednesday. We went there looking for the 1LT Rally Yellow Camaro with the RS package. Seemed like such a long drive but it was only about an hour & a half away from where we live. We finally got there around 1:30. We checked out the Camaro's that were on the lot... I was in heaven. We didn't see the yellow there but we were told it was still there before we left to go to the dealership. The one dealer Hector that first got to us at arrival pulled the car up for me. I finally got to test drive it... can I just say the front window is really small compared to my parents car. I had to put the seat up as high as it could go to get a good look of the front.

Anywho, after coming back from the test drive with Hector my dad had already gone inside & was talking to Shawn (the dealer I was talking to via email). They had already showed him invoice and had a deal set up for me already. They were going to me 900 something dollars below MSRP... going to order & install the 4 gauge for me for about 580 dollars (yes, I know I could get it online for 370 something plus shipping) but buying it through them would of given me a full warranty. They had some other options like 250 for paint protection or something like that... we decided we didn't need that so we told the sale manager Jeff to take that off. We kept the option for the wheels I forgot what it was called. Jeff told us that he would add the paint protection for us without charge.

Jeff drew up some numbers on how much it would be to buy it... for 60 months to buy the car my payments would of been about 500 something dollars which was out of the question. So my dad asked him to compare buying over leasing. Jeff showed us lease numbers... which for 60 months with $4500 down would of made my payments 371 a month that was including tax. That was more affordable plus the down payment wasn't going to suck me dry. We decided on that... here comes the part where it all goes down the crapper. BTW, the car came out to 27K before taxes & dealer fees.

They pulled up my credit... and my credit report showed my credit score to be 532. Mind you back in December I pulled my credit report up and it showed 720. Another thing that drew a red flag was that my Visa credit card from Bank of America that I've had since 07' did NOT show up at all on the report. The only thing that showed up was 2 credit cards from 05' that I was put as an "authorized" user. I do not even remember being put on any credit cards that my parents had.

Then they had me apply for a loan by myself... I got denied. They said that I didn't make enough money. Then they told my dad to co-sign for me. But as I said before my dad's credit is SHOT. We waited for the results of the co-sign from the bank for what it seemed liked forever. They gave me hope saying that "if there was any bad news they would of gotten it already". They come back with the results and say that the bank would give me the loan under 1 condition... they wanted to keep my payments at 350 which would acquire a down payment of 14K. Which there was no way because I didn't have 14K. So I guess my dad makes enough money but they also didn't give me the loan with him as co-signer because of his credit.

I was SO close to getting my car and had my dreams shattered... it was one of the worst feelings in the world. The car ride home was a crappy one... it was raining like crazy & there was silence.

I have a few questions though that I thought maybe someone here could help me with. Why would my credit card that I've been using for the past 3 years not show up on the credit report? Yet a card from back in 05' still shows up? Before you question whether or not it really is a credit card, yes it is indeed a credit card. When I opened my account with BoA they gave me a debit card and a credit card.

Also, how is it possible that my credit goes from being 720 to shooting all the way down to the 500s in a matter of 6 months? No, I have not applied for any credit cards... I haven't had an outstanding balance on my Visa.
It's just really fishy to me. I feel like I've been screwed over... first by the Visa not showing up on the report & for my credit score to go down 200 points.