View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #15815
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
We only have one engine announced right now, the LT1.

We assume a V6 but the recently announced V6 for the CT6 is certainly yet to be confirmed.

And with a crap load of belly aching and prognosticating, we still only suspect a 2.0T.

And for the LT4? You won't likely hear a word about that on Saturday. So that guessing will have to continue.

There will still be a bunch more unanswered questions after Saturday.

With 6 months to go before launch, I am sure we will not hear.....

Price
FE
Final HP

I'm guessing we will get a weight number, only because GM already said "at least 200 pounds less......."

The curious thing will be (if there is a 2.0T) how GM handles pricing and such with Ford upcharging from the V6 to get the turbo 4. GM would likely have a base 2.0T and upcharge for the V6. So the price comparison of V6 to V6 is even harder to make. Or will GM put the 2.0T in and undercut the price and then charge parity for the V6?

So many questions to be answered.....................

And as I've said, I know engineers at GM and Ford that work on engines and they still go to work everyday. So GM has NOT stopped developing powertrains so no one should consider what you hear Saturday as the final answer. It won't be.
After Saturday the waiting really begins.

On another note; What are your thoughts on the C7R Special Edition? After the 5Gen Z/28 you'd have thought it would have been a REAL homage to the C7R ?!