View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #40
JakeRobb

Drives: 2002 Z28 M6

So if I go tape a sticker that says 7.0L V8 to the dash of my 4th gen and post a picture of it on a track with "Copyright Brenda Priddy" watermarked on top, what will you guys say is "confirmed" then?

I'm not saying the picture is fake, or even that the test mule in the picture doesn't have a 6.2L supercharged V8 under the hood, but this is not remotely any sort of confirmation that an LSA-powered Z28 will be sold as a 2012 model.

There's no indication of the year at all (2012 is a good guess, but it could easily be 2013).

There's no indication that the pictured car is testing for the purpose of being the next Z28 (it could be a ZL1 or any number of other things).

It could be an LS9 (unlikely) or even some other yet-unknown 6.2L supercharged V8.

GM could test for a month or two and then decide that the Z28 should get some other motor instead (I'm hoping for a mass-production version of the LS7, personally).

It's exciting to see -- don't get me wrong -- but this is a LONG way off from a "confirmed" 2012 Z28.
JakeRobb is offline   Reply With Quote