View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post

It is getting harder and harder to support GM. First their management runs the company into the ground. They take tons of taxpayer money, which will never be repaid. GM takes 3 years to get this car to market and apparently it has so many design flaws that every week we hear of a new major issue. Yes I consider L99s with no power and transmission shafts shearing under normal driving conditions a major flaw. I drive 2 American cars because that's what I prefer. But really, when was the last time you heard of Honda launching a new vehicle with these issues?

Not to mention, the UAW works a back room deal with the white house for salaries and benefits that far exceeds the market average. Obviously, that doesn't translate into better quality. Before I get flamed here, loose nuts on spoilers, A pillars not installed properly, and major paint issues are all indications of poor workmanship. GM's design has nothing to do with failing to adequately tighten 4 nuts on the spoiler. That is a half ass work ethic and nothing else.

I am a system engineer. I currently work on procurement and development of aviation platforms. I have designed and written test and evaluation protocols for new systems. As someone who is very familiar with writing requirements and their associated tolerances, I am amazed at what I see slipping through GM's process. GM has got to know they are under a microscope. I personally want to see the American Auto industry come back. This is not helping.
I bought this car because I love the design and it's american. But I never had any issues like this with any of my european vehicles I have owned. I sold a perfectly good two year old BMW for this car and now I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if this was a good idea or not.