View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #373
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by billw501 View Post
Well, two days and they still couldn't update to CE. They didn't even know how to check. I will test with a thumb drive to see if the car switches to USB from any other source and go from there.

What I'm being told is an older iPod that isn't supported will cause the system to change to USB on start up and if you don't have your iPhone in airplane mode before you crank up it will cause the system to change to USB on start up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Man that's frustrating! I'm so sorry that you're being given the run around on your vehicle. It makes absolutely no difference the type of iPod you're using or airplane more or anything. It's a bug in the software that needs to be updated in your vehicle. Please give this number a call and let them know about the trouble you are having: 1-800-508-3060. If you still have trouble after calling this number, let me know and I'll get it escalated within.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon!
Codeman71. Took your advice and called the 800 number. A case number was opened up and a customer assistance center rep called me. She told me she would have to contact an engineer about my case. That was this past Monday. She called me today and informed me she talked to an engineer from the southeast region that the dealerships use. The engineer told her that there was NO SUCH THING AS A PDIM UPGRADE! I was initially upset and had a few choice words, but apologized because I know it was not her fault, but now I am at a loss as to what I can do from here. I can't seem to convince anyone from the dealer to the customer assistance that this is a problem that is fixable with the right software. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks....
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote