View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
Looking to start at the weak points of the rear end first. axels will come soon but not in the budget at this point in time, trying to put off axels as long as possible. I have a cold air intake but LT headers are soon to come along with cam and all that good stuff. The car is weekend car would like it be able to take pounding and ask for more without fears of anything breaking.
You have a long way to go before you have to worry about breaking stuff. There are plenty of supercharged cars running stock axles with no issues.

You will definitely benefit from some suspension upgrades. People often focus too much on just adding horsepower and never give any consideration to the fact that horsepower means nothing if you can't transfer it to the pavement. I would recommend both rear trailing arms and solid sub frame bushings but I know that isn't in everyone's budget. The Pfadt rear trailing arms will allow the rear suspension to respond more quickly and will increase traction and reduce wheel hop. The Pfadt solid sub frame mounts will lock in the rear sub frame which will improve handling in several ways while improving traction and eliminating wheel hop as well.

This video gives a good visual demonstration of the change.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote