Thread: DIY side camera
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
wabibito

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
DIY side camera

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this particular setup has been done before. I tried to search but couldn't see this variance.

Here is a quick write up on my camera setup. I only prototype one side for now. It works great for what i need for somewhat little money. I will add one more on the other side and the front. The camera view can be switch easily using a remote control switch.

Goal:
I would like a camera system to park in tight space and next to high front or side curve. It will also serve the purpose for blind spots while driving on the right side.

Parts"
I don't want something that too obstructing while not use. This will not draw much attention when it in the folded down state.

As for the cameras, I want something small with metal casing. This will prevent damaging from gravel etc.

1 x 3.5" LCD folding screen - 28 dollars
2 x backup camera (left side and right side) 12 dollars each
1 x front facing camera 19 dollars each

Parts pictures:

I ran the camera cable above the wheel well cover across the hood and into through the firewall. There is a hole on the driver side so you don't need to drill (Thanks to the posts in this forum). Since i want this to be on all the time when i drive, tabbed into the lighter outlet.

Here is the working pictures:

Last edited by wabibito; 09-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.
wabibito is offline   Reply With Quote