View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #16
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
I have mixed comments about pushrods because I had my pushrods bend before soon after one of my camshaft installs.
Pushrods bending soon after a cam install sounds like you had a valvetrain geometry issue - such as too long of a pushrod.

The more aggressive profile of a non-factory cam, along with the significantly heavier springs used to control the valves that are now being actuated more aggressive and at higher speeds, really should have a pushrod of suitable strength to stand up to the increased loads. Also, and just as critical as the strength component, is the length. Changes in cam base circle, head milling, lifters, etc can all impact the required pushrod length. Lifter preload should really be carefully checked with any change to the valvetrain, and then a suitable length pushrod selected.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote