View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Car Care Products

Ok...I have got to ask this question because it's just driving me nuts. I'll probably get flamed by someone...but hope not...as this is just a genuine question.

For the 19 or so years that I've been driving, I've almost always used the Meguiar's product line...back when I was 16, I used what I could afford. But I see more and more folks talking about Zaino and some other product lines that I'm not familiar with.

I'd like to learn about other folks choices in car care products, pros/cons from your experiences, etc. I've starting reading on "clay barring" but not sure why/when/how of it.

Why have you chosen the car care products that you use? Specifically, by application, what product and why:

Paint: washing/waxing/deep cleaning
Glass: inside and out
Wheels: cleaning and polish
Tires: cleaning and protectant
Interior: leather, cloth, carpet, dash, door panels

My current responses would be:
1. Paint: Meguiar's "Gold Class" soap, paste wax every 3 mo., and quick spray wax/detailer in between
2. Glass: Windex or 50/50 of vinegar/water
3. Wheels: Pre-treat wheels, tires, wheel wells with Simple Green and then same Meguiar's soap as paint
4. Tires: Meguiar's "hot shine" spray
5. Interior: Meguiar's leather care cleaner and lotion

I don't have the tools to clean the carpet at home so have to take it to local car wash once or twice a year.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote