View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #273
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Judging by the 17xxxx sequence numbers for cars built in 2017 and the 18xxxx on the 2018 builds, I'm assuming the first 2 digits of the sequence number indicate the production year. I also assume the sequence number of the first vehicle (Cadillac or Camaro) that came off the line in 2017 was 170001. I did say the 832nd 2017 "vehicle", not Camaro or ZL1. I don't understand why you are arguing with my logic here. Do you know something I don't know?

Where's the link to the 5th Gen database you mentioned? Are you talking about the ZL1 Registry? That's only for 5th Gen ZL1s? I asked the maintainer about 6th Gens when I first got my ZL1 and he said he didn't think there would be one because the new ZL1s are not limited production and don't have their own SN.
The 17xxxx doesn't mean 2017. That would mean they could only make 9,999 cars at a given plant before running out of VINs. That's just the sequence number according to the plant. There are other digits in the VIN that signify the year. So you can't determine much from that unless you have access to GM's databases.

There are a couple of registries that people started. One is ZL1 specific but I've seen others too (like http://www.camarossregistry.com).
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote