View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMss11 View Post
Now, i have a 2010 SS M6, With Full exhaust, (headers, hi flows, and no mufflers) An AFE CAI, 160* Tstat, and Dyno tuned. With those mods i put down 401/396 to the ground. I dont know much else into modding cars, or what the right route to take is, I really want some more power and looking to spend about $2000 with installation, (im from NJ). If i want cam, do i need "heads"? and what does that mean. And has anyone installed the FAST intake manifold, is it worth it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I've got Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, Kooks high-flow cats, stock cat-back, and CAI cold air w/scoop and I made 416 at the wheels. Of course it was a different dyno, different day, different tuner, etc. Lots of variables. But my tuner told me that I could have about 480 with a cam. I'd say that if you are looking for big gains, a cam is the way to go. The heads and intakes are already pretty good on these cars. The trick will be picking the correct one. Going too big on a cam can be worse than going too small. I'd get some people's recommendations on here and talk to some shops. You should be able to narrow it down to a few grinds pretty quick. if you have a reputable shop in your area who does the installs and dyno tunes, that's where I'd go. If not give Jannetty a call. He should be able to get you on the right track.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote