View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:36 AM   #19
Gatorhead

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
It was not the tie rod, it was lower control arm. Glad all you forum heroes here like to talk shit. Where I come from we help one another. Thank you to those who were positive. I posted trying to see if it was indeed common or not. I had never heard of it. It is 100% cast aluminum, and is the same cast aluminum found in ALL of these cars. It has already been processed by the MCSO, FHP and the insurance company. No fraud, no attention needed. I posted in duress and without having saw it for myself. The final report was that at 30 mph the driver front lower control arm failed following a hill and dip in the roadway. Impact was less than 20 mph. Edge of road to fence line is 12' in that section. There were 4 eye witnesses. It broke the wheel ejected out the driver side quarter panel , as in I was looking at the rim, the rack and pinion was destroyed. The damage caused by impact was all minimal and I thought I was going to get to put new skins on and go. Shock tower is twisted and it pulled the apron off the firewall,no airbag deployment. The fix is 299.00 for a set of thick wall, cold rolled steel. I have been test driving new cars, stuck between Gen5 1LE, and Gen6. I have over 50k posts from over the years, this is only the second time I felt attacked. The mistake was listening to all of the people handling it calling it a tie rod when it is an LCA. It was dark, near freezing when the tow truck got there. I am not trying to sue anyone. As you all know any mechanical part can, will, and is designed to fail. Maybe not like this,but how many of you really stretch the limits of your cars.....in corners.....had I been at this time I wouldn't be trying to make sense of it.I can tell you that I was PISSED to see a cast part. Take it how you will. I had no updates to post, and how many never come back after posting?I have NEVER saw a sponsor running their mouth at a member either.That's excellent advertising!
Gatorhead is offline   Reply With Quote