View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #14
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
You pay $8,400/yr for 4 cars? Even at $6,000 before your son doesn't make any sense if indeed you have no history or factors working against you. Shop around
Yep. Although tbh I never sat down to do the math because of how high it was...but, damn, yea...
Shopped around with literally everyone; they were pretty much on par with every other place. Except USAA, they tried to anally rape me with their quote slow and dry. It was ridiculous (to the tune of like 1200 a month)! Plus I have the caveat of having to find a place to do home insurance, or my current insurance company jacks the rate WAY up for not having car insurance with them too. Rip off artists man...
About to get worse too since my wife ran over a mailbox and screwed up the 4Runner a couple weeks ago (its still in the shop) :|
Don't know why my bill has always been so high. My son is a new driver (just over a couple years experience, with only getting his real license less than a year ago), so I expected a big jump with him added, but for me, yea, I'd expect WAY less....and for my wife who had a clean record for like 8 yrs.
I haul ass around, but no tickets in a LONG time (11 yrs or something like that), only 3 in 24 yrs or so (at least legal driving, more if you count pre-licensed driving lol), and no at fault accidents or damage either ever.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote