View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 08:30 PM   #3
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss camaro-monte View Post
Really for me it has always been dependent on the year model. The reason the Mustang has survived and the Camaro hasn't is three main things imo. Cost and resale cost are much cheaper on mustangs, name recognition( that very name) made people think it was a powerful performance car even when it was often overshadowed by gm performance. Camaro sales have always been dependent more on male consumers. Even when I talk to my female friends or women at work, Mustang is what I think women think of first. Other part of sales would be rental agencies. You can almost always find a mustang convertible to rent somewhere but even finding a camaro is much harder.

I liked the 80s 5.0 and some of the 60s fastback but other than that I was never impressed with mustangs performance wise until the new 5.0 in 2011 and maybe the terminator cobras in early 2000s.Most of the 60s ones were not in the same league as the camaros, 70s sucked and so did the 4.6 in the 90s and even into 2010.

Even when I was in high school in the 90s guys wanted the ls1 or lt1 or L98 3 gens and girls were all about mustangs and several girls I knew had mustangs. Only guys I knew who had mustangs were fox body 5.0s from the 80s or early 90s. I was the fish out of water with my big 87 monte carlo ss that I still have today 25 years later.lol
that was great reading, and it makes a lot of sense, but I couldn't tell ya because I never owned a Stang.