View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Vitessee Throttle Controller Review SS_LS3_M6

One of the first Mods I did on my car was HPTuners, I immediately went into the throttle settings to give the throttle more "snap". Within a short amount of time I found even the smallest setting changes could trigger REP. Long story short after a few months of throttle tuning, I threw in the towel....I was able to make some positive changes but nothing compared to what I had set out to do in the beginning. I ended up settling on some real small adjustments. I felt that I had done all there was to do with the E38 PCM when it comes to the throttle control and its response time.

so along comes Vitessee Motorsports. By now I am sure most people on C5 have heard about his product. My initial reaction was light amusement considering I had spend a few months on the settings myself and learned that there was not a whole lot to be gained.

Once I did a little research into how the product works I soon started getting excited! They had worked around the PCM entirely so there was no need to worry about triggering REP or bricking your PCM if you go to far with your settings!

Ok well let me get down to the actual review.

First of all you dont need anything other than your butt to tell that this product is working...you can immediately feel the difference. To be honest those of you with higher horsepower will drive around in the controllers lower settings....if you set it to nine and punch it, all you will do is spin the tires. If traction control is turned on, you will immediately feel it kick in...if you turn it off and leave the setting on 9 BE CAREFUL!!...you will soon realize just how much power these cars have and just how easy it is to spin the tires and turn the car sideways.....my car is a M6 so I choose setting 4...its soft enough for me to still accelerate smoothly even when driving over a few bumps....the throttle is a little touchy but nothing to extreme.

I set up a config file in HPTuners to show the throttle changes. You will see that there is almost a EDIT ****half a tenth difference**** to go from 100% pedal to 85% throttle blade opening,( thats the max TPS position), between stock and SP9 on the controller.

Not only does the car go from part throttle to WOT throttle faster...the rate at which the throttle body blade opens is faster too. there are two things happining here....the time it takes for the blade to open once the pedal is maxed....and then the response time the blade has in relation to the pedal.

I have enclosed some pictures. Forgive me for there size.

I figured I would give a review different that whats already been given.....something more than OMG! its frikin sweet!! Truth is im actually a little frustrated....the face plate of the control unit has the cord on its right side making mounting locations hard to come by. So far I have had it three days and I am still trying to find the perfect setting for it. I think this is a good product. I honestly cant wait to see the future for this controller....there is talk of tying it in with launch control. That will be fun! i have gained a new understanding of why GM has detuned the drive-by-wire systems in our cars....when set to wide open all you really do is spin the tires at the slightest punch of the throttle.

I cant see how this will make you faster at the track, but im not a track person and my knowledge is limited when it comes to racing times. I say that because I am under the impression that most leave the line at full throttle anyway. Worth every penny I paid....to answer everybody's questions!
Attached Images

AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855

Last edited by 1KillerSS; 10-11-2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Incorrect math. I orginally stated that it was almost a tenth of a second faster. That is incorrect it is only .04 hundredths
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote