View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #109
tweeter81

Drives: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Carl View Post
Yuck... ugly.... tuner car wing, and worlds ugliest rims black? are they real?
To each their own...but you must not really like performance-oriented aftermarket parts then, because every single part on this car just SCREAMS performance to me and that makes it awesome.

I can't speak for you or anyone else, but from someone who has actually open tracked their car many times, I can tell you that this SSX looks like it means business and it would be infinitely more fun to drive one of these around a track that just about any other Camaro out there.

Since very few here seem to understand the concept of an airfoil (or wing in layman's terms) I will lay it out for you all -- see the huge and really long carbon fiber splitter on the front of the car, that is going to generate much more downforce on the front of the car than the stock front end. To even out the aerodynamics of the car, the rear end needs a massive airfoil to generate an even larger amount of downforce over the rear tires (you know, to keep the rear end from taking flight or violently coming around at high speeds -- kinda a big deal). All of these components contribute to what will surely be a superbly handling car.

For the record, other than some of the color choices and decals, I am about 99.9% certain that the designers and engineers working on this performance package did not care one iota about the cosmetic aspects of the car, it's all for function. If you don't know anything about, or appreciate race cars, then I guess you can't be expected to appreciate this thing of beauty.

2004 CTS-V
Mods: CAI, Spoiler, SW Heat Extractor Hood, PC'ed CCW SP600 wheels (19"x9" and 19"x10"), Toyo R888 (F: 235/35ZR19 - R: 295/30ZR19), Magnaflow Cat-back, UUC Shifter w/ bushings, Ground Control Coilover Kit (750f/800r), FG2 shocks, Hotchkis Swaybars, Custom FRCs, Kooks 1 3/4" Coated LT Headers, ARP Header Studs, NGK TR55ix, SS Brake Lines, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk HP+ Pads, GForce Axles, Monster Stage 2 w/ 18 lb Flywheel, D.P.S.E. Dyno Tune = 351 hp/ 365 ft-lbs (corrected)

Last edited by tweeter81; 11-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.
tweeter81 is offline   Reply With Quote