View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A torsen style diff is clearly an upgrade, but I am not sold on the dealers approach to servicing a warranty claim. Talk to the GM. If you don't get a satisfactory result, time to speak with GM.
I did just that. Started at the dealer, who said that they could not answer my questions of what would or would not be warranted. They were more than happy to take it apart and give me an answer, but before looking could not tell me what would or would not be covered. I told them that was not acceptable, and they suggested that I call GM which I did.

The first person I spoke with GM took my info and said that the would be getting with someone that would call me back. Later that day I got a call from my dealer, and they gave me another number at GM to call and start a case file on the problem. The dealer said that by doing this, they could move forward (not sure what that meant). I called the new number and started a case file.

There were a few different folks that I spoke with from GM on multiple occasions after a case file was created, all very nice and professional. They spoke with the dealer, and eventually got back with me and said that the dealer, and they agree, feel that the rear end had been abused and would not be warrantied. There justification was that I had admitted to sliding the car a bit through corners, which they consider abuse. I questioned them regarding their producing a car that was track oriented that could not take spirited street driving, and they again said that what I had done classified as abuse.

I, like yo do not agree, but before I spend $200 for an evaluation, to be told that I abused my car (Which I did not), I thought it better to move forward with a better product. If you have any other suggestions, I welcome them. I guess this is the old if you play your going to pay deal!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote