View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS/Turbo View Post
For all of you wondering about the DI v6 . I own a 2.0 LNF Turbo charged Chevy Cobalt as it states in my sig. I have a few mods. Mainly just a tune.

These 2.0's put out 260/260 Stock. With a tune and just a couple bolt ons guys are putting down 330 WHP + 360FT trq on a 2.0 with mostly just a tune running around 22.5 PSI on a stock K04 turbo. I have a tune. Some guys are running 13.5's and some are even dipping into the high 12's on a FWD 2900 lbs car with less then half the displacement of the 3.6 running drag radials . The compression ratio of the DI LNF 2.0 is 9.2:1

The 3.6 DI is 11.3:1. Provided we crack the ECU for the new 3.6 L DI and add a turbo to it we are going to see HUGE numbers. With some aftermarket support I am guessing the new 3.6 DI will be known as well as the 2jz Supra engine .. Which handles boost very well.. With a good tuner and turbo I Imagaine the v6 to push around 450 - 500 HP+ with no problems. I am at 300HP on 340 Lbs trq STOCK on a 2.0 LNF so 300 HP from the 3.6 IS VERY conservative .. tune it and I bet we will be seeing 350 HP. Add a turbo and you will be seeing a lot more ...

Just my 2 cents. I am thinking about trading in my Cobalt for a 2010 Camaro v6 just to put the turbo on it and turn it into a tuner. The old school v8 muscle bound people I think need to be open to the v6 - I know of MANY supras that will pile drive any vette or cobra on the streets. the Supras 2jz is a very well respected powerplant and all I am saying is the v6 isn't going to be a slouch by any means.

Maybe Stock vettes, but the Modded vettes I have seen with Turbos and Positve displacement superchargers, I highly doubt a supra can hang with todays vette mod for mod. If i remeber correctly Supras are heavier cars and some vettes I have seen are putting close to 700hp (Z06 with F.I.) at the wheels. But in the end, it depends at how much money you have to burn on your car.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote