View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Price Check - Purchasing 98-02 Z28

Background: I sold my 2002 Z28 back in 2010 as it was my daily driver and I was looking to get into something more comfortable year round and more practical as I was about to get married. Fast forward and I am now ready to get back into a 4th Gen.

I'm not looking to lowball any sellers, but want to make sure I protect myself and pay a fair price. I found a 99' Z28 with 113k/auto/with a few issues that may or may not be that bad. The car is super clean from pictures and 2 owner, however one of the issues is rust related. I have had more than 1 friend tell me to run, however, I think the car would be worth it and fingers crossed that I could get the rust sorted without losing and arm and a leg. Seller is pretty firm around $6k... However when I run it through KBB (which in my experience has been pretty generous with valuation) based on condition the value is listed as between $4,317 and $4,767, even if the car was in the cleanest 1% valuation is at $5,156...

I think if the car didn't have any issues, was T-56, and maybe slightly lower mileage $6k would be realistic... My thoughts were that $4,500 was right in the middle and a fair cash price?
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote