View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #51
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
i dont know if id say its slim to none GM has been doing a way better job at listening to what we want especially in the last few months as we have seen with the new performance catalog. it just takes a little noise being made to get some people to at least look at something and figure out if its possible. im no expert at what it would take to get this software and some of the hardware from EDI into mylink but my simple mind thinks it would be like taking a cpu with windows vista (mylink) and upgrading to windows 7 (EDI). and of course i know its not that simple to do and it would cost money and if that means a 1200 option price i think it would be better money spent on my 1le than the RS package
It can be done, definitely. But again, it comes down to price. Something like this can be done in the HSV cars because of their pricing. The engineering and development dollars get thrown in with the total price of the car, which is already pretty high.

Integrating it into Camaro would mean you would have to pay for not just the upgraded software and hardware but also the R&D costs. It's not a plug-and-play system, it would have to be tailored to work for the Camaro and that costs money.

Corvette would be a more likely candidate, but even that's pushing it.