View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
I would love to Mod my car, but I have heard a lot of information that I would like to see if someone can Sum up these questions.

Firstly, I have heard the Superchargers have Isolator and bearing issues.
I do not hear marbles in mine, but that doesn't mean it wont happen.

Does anyone know if the S/c issues have been resolved for the 14 year models?.

Next, If I mod the upper/lower pulleys, do I risk voiding warranty?.

if I do put the warranty at risk with u/l pulleys, how far if anything can I take it before I do not risk the warranty?.

Lastly, is there a separate warranty on the motor and a separate warranty on the SuperCharger?, meaning if one part fails would they blame the failure on the other modified part?.

Thanks in advance.
Eaton will not address the isolator coupler issue. The first and foremost owner complaint is noise with the isolator coupler. The bearing failure issue is far much less of a problem. Nothing will be resolved or changed going forward with the Eaton S/C throughout it's run for the Gen 5 Camaro. Pulley changes, talk to your service advisor at the Chevy dealership you work with for what they will allow under warranty. They are all different. Major Guard extended warranty through your Chevy dealership covers extended warranty on the vehicle. Nothing else exisits for just the motor seperate from the S/C.