View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #9
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trossit View Post
Hi everyone, I am up in Portland, Oregon and the forest fire smoke is unbearable to breath. It's considered hazardous. I have not driven my Camaro for 3 days but did take it for a quick trip today across the street to get groceries. Engine ran for about 10 minutes. I think some of these smoke particles are so small they will make it past the air filter and into the engine. Does anyone feel this would be harmful to an engine? I know they are harmful to me so I wear a N95 mask.
I'm over in the Salem area and have had pretty thick smoke too. I havent ventured out except to the garage for a quick minute when needed. As far as the N95 mask, it's better than nothing and is the best mask you can use unless you have a respirator or gas mask. The smoke, and worse yet, ash won't kill your car and most likely your car will treat like any other contaminate and trap it in the oil. If it was volcanic ash, I would say definately dont drive or breath that unless your life depended on it. That ash will setup like cement in your lungs. my opinion.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote