View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
You are limited to two performance shops. You can always do lamotta, but those guys bleed Ford through and through so I will pass..but they have a dyno and I did send my buddy who had a 5.0 to them.

I, however, have been using Xplosive performance in Longwood about 5 minutes from Northland Church.

http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/

Myself and about 6 or 7 other users on this site use them..they are a vendor here as well. Father and son operation... Very fair prices, by far the most honest group of installers I have found in the Orlando area. I believe they did my headers, intake, exhaust, catch can all for under 400 bucks (labor only) and it runs great.

You also have next line performance. Labor costs were higher, and they never return emails. Either they are busy, or just don't care. I don't understand why you put an email on your profile if you won't respond. I was willing to do a cam swap and dyno with them months and months ago and they are the reason I kept searching and found xplosive performance. The ONLY positive to NLperformance I found is I believe they have at least one if not all ex or current GM techs and they know LS based engines very, very well... I just cannot get over their refusal to answer my emails about VVT cams...

I would be interested to see what Tyler is referencing because we are very, very limited in our options here. The only down side to Xplosive is I don't believe they have a dyno on site, it is always nice to be able to purchase a bundle package, but I am happy with my tuner anyways. I do believe I have the most honest and fairly priced tuner in Florida with 'Tampa Tuning', it just a hefty drive to get to him.

Xplosive will give you a package deal for install and cost of parts in a bundle. I believe they were last running a great deal on stainless works products with free install, but that sale has concluded.

Also, within 100 yards of Xplosive is the "TINT MAN". He did my whole vehicle including windshield for less than 160 and has a lifetime warranty.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.

Last edited by brantley847; 11-10-2011 at 09:00 AM.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote