View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Suggestions for C5F2

I know the next Fest is a ways off, but I thought of an idea and wanted to hear some opinions. I also figured, why not let everyone put their own suggestions in as well, and see what's doable and what's not really feasible. Also, I figure starting a discussion that is completely independent of the location of the next Fest might quiet some of those east vs. west battles...

Anywho, what does everyone think of having the main parking area limited to Camaros only? And what if that area was sectioned off similar in fashion to how the Regional Forums are set up? Have an area for the Texas people, an area for the California people, etc. etc.

I don't know how feasible that is, but IIRC, there is a sign up list for who is coming to this thing, so how difficult would it be to keep a running tally of not only who is showing up, but also where they're from, and as such the parking area can be sectioned off to accomodate the right number of cars in each area.

This way, you could walk around and see how the people from different areas of the country like to customize their rides. You'd be parking next to mostly people you know, and plus if you know someone from on here from another state, you would know exactly where to head to go check out their ride, instead of wandering through a sea of 500 cars trying to find them.

Now, I know this would require more set up time, but I don't think it would need to be anything fancy. If anything, you'd just need a few dozen road cones with some 8.5x11 signs with the location and some arrows designating which parking spots are for which region. Possibly laminate those 8.5x11s to protect from any wind that might crumple up the flimsy paper. What do y'all think (especially the mods, since y'all are the ones who are organizing this fun weekend anyway).

Discuss

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php