View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
1) it seems the pedal is spongy and requires that I press it way lower than before.
2) the stopping distance is really prolonged. Keep in mind these are brand new rotors. While I did bath the new rotors in brake cleaner before installing them I did not rough them up with sandpaper or anything like that.
Don't forget that you've just swapped out pads with pretty good bite for pads that aren't quite as good. Getting used to track pads has probably skewed your perception of what all pads should feel like. Do you remember the first time you used the HP+ fairly hard, and how that compared to the OEM pads that you'd been used to before that?

If it helps any, Carbotech pads are clearly gentler on rotors than HP+, at least the XP8 which is kind of an entry-level track pad like the HP+. Supposedly swapping among the various Carbotech pads can be done without swapping or doing anything special with the rotors, but if you don't do a whole lot of street driving between track days it seems hardly worth it to bother. Just do a bleed when you're checking for adequate pad thickness shortly before your next track day.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote