View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Google GM Drive cycle to help reset sensors to pass smog.
That helps, but there is one stubborn sensor, I don't recall, evap?
That is problematic. No codes and nothing appears leaking or broken but it just won't go ready in hundreds of miles. I'm not the only one that had that problem. Some posted a factory type cycling that didn't involve driving I might have to find again next year. I don't recall what type OBD equip it required.
Not to get too far off topic but smog for oil smoking cars I can agree with, but for the less than 1% of mod'ed cars that run and are tuned properly that could pass a tailpipe check I think is being too restrictive. To non-Cali stater's Don't really want to hear for the millionth time how f'd California is, as if we don't know. Not everyone can easily move to a different state right now. Just wait for your state to go with those smog policies as the cool-aid drinkers move there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1togo View Post
I’m hoping to get feedback from fellow Californians about upgrades. I will definitely be getting the Roto Fab. I don’t mind changing that out. I hope to do the lower pulley but only if I can get a tune with both mods and then pull the tune out and pass with just the pulley on the factory tune.
Make SURE you can save your factory tune BEFORE writing any tune. So you have something to put back, or you might have trouble setting it back to OEM with a $$ dealer visit.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote