View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Talking Noob. Just got a call from a local dealer.

Newly registered but long time lurker. Love all you guys.

So last week I was driving home from work and decided to stop by the local Chevy dealer that I drive by every day. I saw a group of salesmen standing around talking and asked them if they could tell me when they would have the new Camaro actually on the lot. One of the guys came over to my car window and told me that they were getting two 2SS Camaros and they should be in by late April or early May, and that one was already spoken for. I gave the guy my name and number and told him to call me when they get 'em in.

One week later. I get a call from the nice lady who is responsible for ordering these new Camaros and she asks me if I would like to special order this other unspoken for Camaro. I said hell yes. I knew everything I wanted because I have built it several times on the new Chevy website. Essentially I was given a second chance to preorder a Camaro just the way I want it. She told me that if I change my mind no big deal and that a deposit wasnt required. She just happen to have my name and had to order it anyway and decided to call me and let me pick it out. Except it now has my name on it. She said she would call me regularly with status code updates and delivery would be first half of May. She gave me her cell number to call her with questions any time.

Here is what I ordered:
2SS, Victory red, grey leather, auto trans (she said the Hurst was on constraint), RS package, sunroof, ground effects, 20" polished aluminum, painted engine cover, black rally stripes.

Needless to say this is a great day and I look forward to the whole process of acquiring my new Camaro. I could not be happier. Thanks to all of you for posting your progress on your existing orders. It is great information.

By the way, I saw on the Chevy build site the option for a high-wing rear spoiler. Not sure I really want it but why is it not available on the SS? Just curious.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote