View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #195
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Bungo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
The oil pump is driven by the cam and timing chain, both of which you had replaced. Whether or not they affect the operation vs stock is irrelevant. The specific parts of the engine that drive the oil pump were modified. That will be the beginning and end of their argument, because if you look at the specific terms of the warranty its done.

So you keep saying the part was unaffected when in fact it was directly affected. Its not like they are denying you a repair on a defective catalytic converter for changing out your air filter.

Working in and around the automotive industry for a good part of my career I agree with these statements. This will more than likely be the ground the dealership stands on. Maybe they decide to "goodwill"(not warranty, but sort of) the part to help out.

The problem is, "oh the dealer refuses to fix my pump, they are the bad guys"

Dealerships get reimbursed by the manufacturers for the warranty work that they do. Very frequently the manufacturer will request that the dealership send them the warrantied part (in this case an oil pump) with all of the documented paperwork of that repair. If the manufacturer finds fault with ANYTHING noted in said document, then the dealership gets a chargeback (ie: no money from MFG) AND they will be watched more closely in future warranty repairs.

and the wife says I have to be patient while she gets dressed
Bungo is offline   Reply With Quote