View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
That is an interesting conversation I have had with some of my friends. I live in a huge city with very good, fast and cheap public transportation. When I was in college I took public transportation to go everywhere and just about everyday. However, since I bought my first car 11 years ago I haven't been back on a bus, I have only been on the subway once and in a cab 2-3 times. When I bought my Camaro in 2013 I even stopped riding my Ducati.

The reason why I don't is because as good and cheap that public transportation is, I would rather drive myself or have a couple of friends with me along for the ride. I like to be in control, if I stay out late I don't want to have to find a cab and often I am taking a lot of stuff along with me, a guitar or amp for example that would be impossible to take along otherwise.

When I was young and had a head full of ideas I was so against the private car owners, but now that I'm older I realize that there is a reason to have a car that is more than just a status symbol.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote