View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #117
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
OK, I work for Sprint! If you live in a area where Sprint service is strong you can go for this low cost alternative...

Go out, buy a good Sprint phone with a good data plan (you get what you pay for). All current Sprint phones use TELENAV, which is a web based turn by turn Navigation software that does not cost anything to keep updated. Place it in a clip and plug it into the aux jack or pair it with blue-tooth. You now have a navigation system with turn by turn directions, which plays through your stereo. This is what I currently use for my car and what I will use in the Camaro. It works great! Also, the phone goes with you, so less chances someone is breaking in to the car to jack your NAV system.

Now, before we get into feelings of your cell carrier, just know we are talking alternatives to a product GM has felt to omit from the Camaro. Not interested in getting into personal feelings about anyones thoughts on their carrier or MINE...
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote