View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #55
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
There will always be a ton of used ZL1s on the maket. There are more than 10,000 ZL1s in existence now. I wish they did it more like Ford and capped production at 4500-5000 a year. The GT500 should have better resale than the ZL1 because of this.
A GT500 with all the performance options lists for several thousand more than a ZL1. Most performance oriented Mustang buyers buy a 420HP Mustang GT with only a small number dropping the big bucks for a GT500. But here on Camaro5 it looks to me like every Camaro fan who can even marginally afford it buys a ZL1 instead of a 426HP SS (or sells or trades in their gen5 Camaro SS to move up to a ZL1). There are quite a few ZL1 buyers taking out big loans with big monthly payments in order to get a ZL1 over an SS. From what I see very few Mustang buyers do that (to get a GT500 over a GT).

(I'm basing this observation on what I see and read, as I own two Mustang Cobras, a GT500 and my '13 ZL1 and I participate on one Mustang forum and this Camaro forum.)
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote