View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #40
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I am hanging on because I ONLY buy GM....however, I am upset by what is going on because I want to see the company that I love succeed. I want this car to be a home run and bring people into the showrooms and end the movement away from GM once and for all. By not having the cars where the public can touch them and drive them right now at the height of it's promotion to me is a sin, and will probably turn some people away for good. This is my fear. In reading this thread and others, it is already happening. Here's Hyundai - coupe is in the rags...coupe is on t.v....and the coupe is available at a dealer near you RIGHT EFFING NOW. Chrysler showed the Challenger in '06 and was for sale in '08. (existing platform I know) GM is late to the game at a time when they cannot afford to be - that is why I wrote what I wrote. Yes I know it takes time to develop a car. Yes, they are working to get it right. I get all that. I just wish they didn't bungle it by not having the demo cars at the dealers at a time when they seriously need the showroom traffic and when the car is front and center on every newstand, Nascar race, TV show, music video, news program - this is all for not if the car cannot be bought.
You're hinging your whole argument on the idea that Chevy Camaro advertising has reached some sort of peak.

Transformers 2 is going to come out this summer, and by that time a substantial number of pre-orders will have been filled. I know everyone here who gets their 'maro before the movie comes out will be there on opening night which will be just like free advertising for Chevrolet. And by that time, there will be a whole wave of people wanting info on the car, and at that point all of the dealers will be MUCH more familiar with the vehicle and be able to give much more accurate information about it.

Don't worry, bro. This thing is going to be a huge success. Just wait and see
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote