View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #1023
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
So I am relatively new here and I hope I don't make any enemies with this but I got to say something here.

I love my ZL1. I have owned 16 Camaro's (at least two of every generation) and I for one could not care less about what Ford does with the Mustang. I want Chevy to make the best Camaro (within the limits of the EPA, etc.) regardless of what Ford does with the Mustang.

In my mind, the ZL1 is the best Camaro ever made and I am proud to drive it. When I go to car shows, not once has anyone come to me and said, "if it just had more power". They love the lines. They love the interior. They love the total package. That's is what the ZL1 is, the total package.

What Camaro may lose to Mustang in raw HP, it more than makes up for in total drivability AND overall (not just straight line) performance. If the next Camaro improves upon the current Camaro, GREAT...I am all for it. But I do not measure what I have against what someone else has. Never have, never will.

For those who own a ZL1, you could have bought a GT500. If what you want is what Mustang delivers, then you should have bought a Mustang. As for me, I am thrilled to see my ZL in the garage and am more than happy to pull up next to a GT500 owner (who I am sure is just as proud of their car) and tip my hat and wish them a good day without wishing I could keep up with them until the next traffic signal.

Merry Christmas. If you are able to own a ZL1, SS, LE1....you are blessed and need to remember that. Don't lose the joy of what you have waiting for something that might never come.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote