View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #34
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
"Pull the pin and go big." I will have to remember that. Funny! But how you could have come by that saying is not.

I am sure even if he had the Paxton and my 1LE was stock I could wipe up a track with his 5.0. Not that he couldn't learn tracking fast, and not that I am Ayrton Senna, but a base Mustang GT 5.0 Auto is no Boss, not even a Miata.
In all honesty I really think you are going about this the right way. I had a really nice street Camaro years ago when I worked at a Speed & Fab shop and my constant need to go a little bit quicker ended with the car being trailer only with, lexan windows, 14:1 compression, port injected 350hp NOS fogger kit, etc, etc. you get the picture. While it was a very quick SBC car and I did well campaigning it at the raceways I really missed having something to go for a cruise in.

It's fun to go racing. Really, really fun. But, these are a better well rounded car that do absolutely everything very well but with compromise comes some short falls and the extra Lbs are off set with handling, great ride and safety. The car will do anything you want it to do but it is not a one trick Pony (pun intended) so if you never catch him just know in the end you have a much better overall car.

That "Pull the Pin" was something I picked up at one of the shops I was in and I can't claim the have come up with it. It did just stick though

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote