View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Mods. Some guys and girls buy a car like the Camaro and do nothing. Well, maybe they do some cosmetic stuff, and that is cool, but for me there is always room for improvement in the powertrain and chassis. Meat and potatoes. This is what makes or breaks a performance car. My '95 changed drastically with the mods I did. Old GM.

The new GM is a different animal and we enthusiasts are enjoying products that are some of (if not) the best vehicles ever produced. We are living in the Golden Age of performance and hot rodding. One of my coworkers asked me shortly after I received this 1LE, was what I wanted to change. I quickly said "MORE POWER!!" And really, that is the knee-jerk hot rodder response. But I thought about it a bit more.......Well this car is damn near perfect, from the factory!! I'm not sure I want to change much. The 1LE option is so damn awesome.

And that was after I took it on the track. Pitt Race (formerly BeaveRun). I had not done the entire track day at that point in the Camaro, just what they call is TrackCross. Turns 1-8 as fast as you can. Kinda like an autocross (solo run) and drag racing test 'n tune (timed) and open tracking (turns to put hair on your chest, no silly straight line stuff).

Poised and predictable. The 1LE makes you look like a genius. The first TrackCross, ran my best time on the last run. It had been 5 years since I was at Pitt Race. So, new car, relearning the track, figuring out tire pressures, etc. 42.650 seconds. In Competitive Mode.

Name:  DSC09730.jpg
Views: 7371
Size:  218.9 KB

BTW, Do not use the Launch Control with hot 'n sticky tires I did this once and the ring and pinion now has a slight whine......

Second time I visited, ambient temps were higher and there was a Porsche Caymen S there. He was running 42 flats. I ran a 42.105. Did I mention I love this car?

I met Green Machine there and his '14 1LE. Great to see another 1LE and talk to a great guy.

Name:  DSC09743.jpg
Views: 7393
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  DSC09745.jpg
Views: 7703
Size:  176.0 KB

So really there are a few things I would like to change:

-More power! Duh!
-Improved chassis. From the feedback here on the forums, the 1LE can be improved upon.
-Cosmetic. Just a few small things. The Gen 5 Camaro is pretty bitchin'
-Open track durability. Cooling, brakes, fluids, etc
-Driver information. I need a shift light and a real oil temperature reading.
-Clutch durability. A common issue. I did have one agressive WOT 1-2 grind on the street
-More camber! Again DUH!
-Lower stance

Last edited by cdb95z28; 04-11-2020 at 08:23 PM.
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote