View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #293
strickerj

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible 8A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBridges View Post
I have a 2019 ZL1 A10. I know this discussion is all related to the A 8 but has anyone experienced the same shudder in the A10? I’ve been experiencing the same exact issues with my A10. I noticed it the day I drove it off the lot. Brought it back twice and they can’t find any issues. Told me to just drive it more that’s it’s probably just from sitting in one spot too long and the tires developed “flat spots” due to the cold weather. Well I’m in South Louisiana, the temperature hasn’t been below 50 since I drove it home and it’s been 85-90 degrees for the last 3 weeks. Still have the same issues.
See if you can reproduce it - it pretty consistently happens to me when the engine and transmission are fully warmed up, at highway speed in top gear under light load (i.e., apply a little bit of throttle just off idle to maintain speed, whereupon the torque converter will try to lock up). If it's intermittent like that, it isn't the tires, obviously.

Although next they'll probably try to tell you it's just the roads - I remember when I was a kid and we used to drive to New Orleans from Mississippi twice a year, you could tell you'd entered Louisiana from the sound and feel of the pavement changing. Sometimes it would even wake me up.

I hope for your and everyone else's sake though it isn't the same issue - I saw quite a few people on the other thread traded their SS's for ZL1's to get the 10-speed auto.
strickerj is offline   Reply With Quote