View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Todd TCE

Drives: Wells Coyote
TCE/Wilwood Bakes for 15" Drag Race Wheels

Having been told my posts in anther thread about alternate brake kit options for Drag Racing applications were in violation of forum policy I was instructed to move it to my own thread. So we'll revisit the topic all over again.

Reprinted from before with minor edit:

I'd like to let everyone know that today we shipped out the first of the TCE rear drag "big brake" kits!

I want to say that another company has done an outstanding job of producing a kit for those who desire such a product, I have no desire to replicate someone else's work. It looks stellar and I'm sure it will be a great package. But after speaking with a few folks both on and off the forum it became clear that there was a need/want for a system less 'dramatic', more streetable and more dual-purpose. To that end I feel we've achieved that in this new kit. The Wilwood DynaPro calipers offer great fit, pad selection and looks!

And the fact that the TCE kit does not include or make provisions for the lower control arm changes any buyers will still need to out source these items. TCE specializes in brake only and our desire was to provide a braking system for the rear only and leave the other items to those who do it best. Having worked with Rich Bogart on the Charger/Challenger kits we took much the same data and simply applied it here.

Moving onto the kit....this new kit has one advantage not found on any other kit; we retain the factory parking brake. That one element alone has been key in the success of our rear kit for the Charger/Challenger also for owners looking to down size to 15s. This new kit doesn't disappoint; fully functional parking brake. We also prefer not to run a solid rotor for use on the street. While ultra light weight parts are great for dedicated drag use they can prove to be much too light for the daily driver and lack proper heat sink capability as well as being over stressed in repeated hard stopping environments. In this case we forgo the lighter weight for cross app durability. And as would be the case with any TCE product; you can be certain the design is properly spec'd for the application and there will be no need for further items like master cylinders or proportioning valves etc.

Again; this set up will not only allow you to retain the parking brake but make it fully suited to daily driver use and even the occasional road course blast (with proper pad). And of course you can remove it and replace it with your stock parts in a matter of minutes (should you need to return your lease...!) without any need for extensive work.

The complete TCE kit will includes: one piece vented rotors, radial mount dynapro calipers, mounting brackets, modified rear knuckles, pads, hoses and necessary hardware. Full blown kits are available for $1495. But for those looking to save some money and have a bit of time..TCE will offer to modify your existing parts thus lowering the final cost do only $1119 plus shipping.

With the first kit in service now it was reported that fit and finish were spot on and functionality on the road (17" wheels) was the same or even better than stock. The vehicle is awaiting new 15" wheels fit- which should be this week.

All said, buyers have a couple of options for the Camaro and I'm sure there's something for everyone.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 11-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Todd TCE is offline   Reply With Quote