View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #77
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
"Whatever that is you are trying to do." I realize looks are subjective, but to say the refresh is "lightyears" better looking is just ridiculous. The problem I have with not only the refresh, but the 6th Gen itself is the edge and sharpness is missing. It reminds me of plastic model car kits, where they have to use thick plastic so the body panels, windshield, etc., look thick and don't have that thin, crisp, sharp edges look.

Attachment 943803

What I'm "trying to do" is put some edge and sharpness back into the design. It's called 'refinement'. I'm not trying to design a high performance track car; I'm working on an elegant, classy, sophisticated look for the bigger market. Number 3 "gets it" in his comment.

Yeah MOHR is both a problem and a solution. People love the retro look if it's done properly, even though it's been around for half a century. As much as I'd like to move out of that, just where 'that' would be is hard to determine.

Manufacturers today can do things for the mass market that wasn't even possible 50 years ago. With computers, the quality and precision with which they can make things on a mass-produced scale now is incredible. Why that's not producing the distinguishing styles that manufacturers used to have is somewhat baffling. It's like music; computers can literally make any kind of sound, and do it easily, so why does so much music today sound so much alike?

Yep, I'll keep going. You know why WD40 is called that? Because Water Dispersal formulas 1-39 were not 'it'. The only way to find something new is to start looking for it, and keep looking for it.

The software I'm using is fantastic, and fantastically complex. I got it a month ago and the learning curve is seriously steep. It only has an online manual which, I'm sorry maybe it's me, but online manuals are just not as easy to read. Holding a book while doing an exercise, or learning a feature is just easier. Reading through a physical book is easier to learn new things too. Online manuals have a search feature which is great, IF you know what to ask for and use the right terms.

At any rate, last night I figured out how to use lighting and get the light sources to be visible. Here are a few shots of the car in the evening with lights on.

Low beams, fog/driving lights, and turn signal/running lights on:
Attachment 943799

Low beams, fog/driving lights and DRL lights on:
Attachment 943800

Rear view with tail lights and turn signal/running lights on:
Attachment 943801

I still need to figure out side marker lighting, but it's getting there.

I realize some (many?) of you don't like it, but that's expected with this crowd; this is the high-performance enthusiast crowd. The market I'm reaching for isn't in here, nor do they join car forums to go on and on about cars. They tend to be more conservative, but keep in mind, there's a lot more of them than enthusiasts and bringing in their business would be a good thing.
well Doc, while I appreaciate the effort as others has mentioned, they already did that with the buick concept. it was so good the the Camaro boys had to squash it from what I’ve heard.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote