View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 02:08 AM   #2184
LHRxDeadx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Got the diff out -- I was able to unbolt the axles and drive shaft easily (DSS made this a no brainer). Had to remove the exhaust and the hotchkis brace to drop the diff:

8MM allen socket did the trick:

Driveshaft:

Dropping the diff is still a pain though -- have to lift the right axle up and tilt the right side of the diff down first:

Drained the diff -- no issues found! no metal to speak of -- very glad of that!:

With the diff out, you can see the bushings are cracked and have a lot of give:

And culprit number 2:

The axle hubs pop out with just my hands -- both drivers and passengers (3 tugs and out they came):

I don't think the clips are 'strong' enough to prevent a pop out, but I'm sure I'll hear 'fix the bushings and they won't pop'. Yes, that is true, but should these come out of the diff by hand? I'm thinking not.

I'll call DSS on Monday and give them my findings, but, it looks as if these pop easy if the diff moves or the angle is just enough on the axles to add 'pulling' pressure.

The offset bushings will help a ton with this as they won't allow the diff to move AND will help the angle of the axles.

So, there you have it, 600 RWHP, SOLID cradle/bushings, aftermarket toe/trailing arms/swaybars, 1000hp axles, CF driveshaft, looks like contributed to killing the stock diff bushings, but, NCM proved to be the final nail as it is HARD on the left side of the suspension -- thus the popped driver's axle...

-Don
where you getting a vibration?
LHRxDeadx is offline   Reply With Quote