View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #122
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Damn boy, how can you get any traction with so much TQ right off the bat?
I love TQ, but so early can hold you down by spinning your wheels off.

But awesome results if you control your right foot.
Yeah, it is kind of tricky but a blast to drive. Right now I am on stock PZero tires on the streets and temps are dropping pretty low. Tonight it was 23 degrees out so I have to be pretty careful. I have not really hit it at the track yet. However, I am pretty sure my Drag radials will hook up as I ran all last season at 578 rwhp and 581 lbs of torque. I probably will move up to 315 Drag radials next season but will still run existing ones at C5Fest in AZ. The change to the Spec Super Twin will be very helpful as well as I now have a real feel to the clutch and can slip it one heck of a lot better than the stock one. But on a positive note. I can pretty much punch it while rolling and light em up with the stocks in 5 of the 6 gears...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Those are really high numbers. I think most folks are getting about 670rwhp. with a Maggie perhaps some meth will get higher #'s, with about 9psi.
How, much boost are you using surely above 9psi. and how much hp's do you think are attributed to stroking the engine, and do you also have ported heads?
No I am at 9lbs but am maxed out with the edelbrock with the smallest pulley available 2.75. Not as much boost as I would have got without stroked to a 6.9liter and the cam causes less boost. I am converted to E85 instead of meth as it is readily available out here in Colorado. Pretty much an identical build as mine on pump fuel dyno'd at 689rwhp and 705 torque so the E85 is def adding to the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammedcamaro View Post
Very Nice! And I thought I had a lot of HP. Congrats!
Thanks so much...I am pretty pleased as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Awwwhhhh..... I just realized your engine is 418ci. stroked. That' explains it. I expect close to 600rwhp., even with a blower CAM, no way in hell gonna' acheive 700+rwhp. with safe boost levels on a stock case.
The stoker added a good amount low rpm torque. But overall not huge amounts of hp and torque top end numbers. I did keep my compression around 10.07 to 1 but still lowered the compression from stock.....just not as low as some of the old school builds would be. This was based primarily on discussions with several ls3 builders and race teams. In fact, our original plan was to have our compression around 10.3 to 1 but I was not able to use thinner head gaskets as the heads are zero clearance heads and I already had my push rods purchased. So we used ZR1 head gaskets and ended up with less compression.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote