Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #43
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Ah but it does. Even in Poland.
Huh?
On the surface that doesn't make any sense but in the grand scheme of things its a very clever move. The beauty of such a system is that it serves multiple purposes. The missile defense system can be deployed anywhere and it makes a huge political statement: "These are our friends, mess with them and you will be hurt badly". It can defend a nation against hostility, and if the other guy launches a first strike, that invites a retaliatory attack (I hope this never, ever happens). Those hostile nations are defenseless without a similar system in place. This keeps the hostile nations in check. If the bad guys are too afraid to strike, you can strike against them (if you need to) without fear.
I want to be very clear to all members of this site. I am an American patriot and am not defending Russian aggression with my post regarding Russia's right to be concerned about the US missile defense net. I am merely stating that such concerns are logical from a nation that seeks to retain its dominance in the region.

In the interest of diplomacy, the defense net may not be such a great idea since the US is so unwilling to deploy forces in Georgia. Currently, the defense net seems to be a large bluff. We will likely find out very soon since Russia casually threatened Poland with bombardment since they signed a US agreement granting the US the right to plant missiles there.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote