View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #59
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-er View Post
Before I decide to go with these stripes, I'd like to know what kind of maintenance is required to keep them looking nice. How hard is it to keep a consistent "sheen" across the surface? I believe flat black paint is a bear to keep clean, is the vinyl the same way? I'm afraid it will attract all kinds of debris, smudges, wax, etc, and be very hard to clean off.

I can imagine wearing shiny spots into the vinyl after rubbing it while trying to clean them.
I believe you wash and wax them as normal...I'm going to today..will update my progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
Thanks for the videos of the stripes installation. I noticed that the rear spoiler was removed while he was installing the rear stripe on the trunk lid. Is there a seperate small stripe which installs on the rear spoiler? If so then I am thinking there will be aftermarket spoiler stripe kits which will take the stripe over the back of the rear spoiler.
Yes, you HAVE to remove the rear spoiler to get the trunk stripes on. You have to remove the carpet from the trunk lid...it's somewhat of a pain...and be REALLY careful..don't want any bolts or washers dropping down in your trunk lid.

Yes, there is a separate small stripe for the spoiler. And yes again, there will be aftermarket stripes I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
they're on crooked...j/k.

it looks good, but stripes aren't for me. Attracts too much attention from the popo.

BTW, is there a glossy stripe package?
Black is the only FLAT Rally stripe. All other Rally stripes are glossy.

ALL Hockey stripes are Flat from what I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion007 View Post
May is suggest since you will be getting an extra set of front stripes that you could have your installer trim a small piece off to go over the spoiler. I think this would give you car a unique look as well as the stripes matching perfectly.
From what I'm told, you can order "individual" stripes - I'm not sure if this is just for warranty or what.... Anyway, I won't be getting another "full" package - or so I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Question for you, Embalmer... how long did the stripes take to install?
I was there about 3 hours.... but we didn't get everything done obviously. :(

Thanks to everyone and your replies. NOW time, to go detail her
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote