View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I'm getting excited!

My coilovers are showing up in the mail now, I've got the rears and I'm waiting on the fronts. When I get the fronts, I'll pull them apart, put my Moreno camber/caster plates on and set pre-load and a preliminary ride height so the install is as quick and painless as possible. I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend before the autocross, and I can't wait. I need to:

-Install the coilovers and camber/caster plates

-Install my 28mm O.D. 1LE rear sway bar and toe links

-Swap on my Forgestars/Pilot Super Sports

-Get a conservative alignment so that my tires will wear properly/the handling won't be wonky, this will be a hold over until I can get to Justice Pete and get the car dialed in. I'm going to try my hand at corner-balancing this weekend as well, getting it close if not perfect won't hurt, and it'll be fun.

The car is definitely progessing more quickly than I expected. Once I get these parts on the car, I'll start throwing my money at Justice Pete as quickly as I can. My next plans are his radius rod bushings, beefing up the brakes enough to keep them together on the track, and sourcing the SRP racing pedals myself to make heel-toe shifting a bit easier. The Knuckle Drop is also on the list, I just have to afford it first. Granted, I'm young and healthy, I'm sure my kidneys are worth something...

I changed the thread title the Forum Built, which I definitely feel is accurate. I've gotten literally every part for the car from members on here, and been given great help along the way. The car is teaching me a lot, like controlling over/understeer, and reminding me of others, like living on a tight budget after I blow past my monthly allotment for car parts.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote