View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 10:59 PM   #14
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenargo57 View Post
Yes, you agree with me. What are you suggesting? It's fair when an SS 1LE beats a base model GT but not when a Dark Horse beats an LT1? Both the LT1 and base GT are on tiny 245 all season rear tires and were raced against their "track package" equivalents with 305's and significantly better suspension setups. It's no surprise that both lost when matched against better equipped counterparts.

Watching the roll vs drag race, it didnt look like the tires made a big difference for the SS 1LE vs the GT. The cars wound up with about the same gap between them at the end in the 2 races won by the SS 1LE. I guess maybe smaller tires on the SS could have caused the GT to be closer to the SS 1LE from a dig? I dont think subbing another model in this scenario has an impact so I think its fair. Sam seems to believe the Camaro makes up the most ground because of the rev match shifting. I havent a clue if this feature is available on the LT1 so in that regard, maybe we do agree IF the LT1 TH used doesnt have rev match.

Reading "They're plenty capable, but it also doesn't help comparing an SS 1LE vs a base GT." sounds as if there is a significant advantage to using the SS 1LE.

TH doing the opposite with the LT1 vs Dark Horse? I think tire might very well have a bigger impact here since the DH has a completely different compound tire vs the LT1, allowing it to launch better based on the roll race being much closer than the dig. Adding the weight of the SS 1LE would have put the Camaro farther behind in the roll race.

Overall, it does suck that most of these videos dont seem to ever get the matchups quite right.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote