View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #26
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I sent a message to a couple local dealers inquiring about their stance on dealer markup.

I've only heard back from one so far-

Bennett Chevrolet
6721 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234

This was my response from them regarding Dealer Markup-

Thanks for your request in regards the 2009 Camaro. It is our policy to limit our pricing on "hot" products to the actual MSRP. We do have a small waiting list. $500.00 deposit required. Cars will be offered in order of Deposit.

So, I had to ask about that deposit (I know a lot of people don't think we should put down a deposit, but I had to ask). My followup eMail was this-

Thank you very much for the information.

I do have a couple questions now though.

1- Does this deposit hold whatever vehicle arrives on the lot? Or does it guarantee the ability to order to my own specifications? (I personally wish to order my Camaro.)

2- Is this deposit refundable if, when details are released, the buyer decides to wait a bit longer to purchase? Or, God forbid, they decide they are unhappy with the production model and don't wish to purchase at all?

Thank you again,

And, lastly, their response to that-

The deposit secures your place in the allocation process, The Camaro would be ordered to your specifications baring any factory restrictions. The deposit is 100% refundable, we will not hold you to the car if it’s not as expected.

Thanks again for your interest.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote