View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Right, but the only time a tune would apply is in the case of a powertrain failure. People are going to sit here and assume that since nobody's responding, that having a tune doesn't cause a problem... However, the inherent flaw is that the number of powertrain failures is probably EXTREMELY low, meaning the sample set barely exists. The way the OP phrased it is not going to result in usable answers, since nobody's going to get anything denied for a tune other than a powertrain failure. This means all the people with a tune that go in to get something petty fixed will probably respond saying, "Oh, I got this fixed and have a tune!" and it's going to make people think they too can get away with it, even if they put a rod through the side of the block.

I'm trying to prevent people from getting a false sense of security about putting a tune in their car. FYI, I worked as a powertrain engineer for one of the big three... and warranty analysis was 50% of my day-to-day job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
Good,direct question. I personally know of no one that has been denied. That includes a few that had lifter failures. It's tiring hearing people complain about the warrenties and tuning. GM has to prove the tuning caused the failure.

If you do have the car tuned just make sure it's done by a preffesional that knows what they are doing.Just like there are alot of good tuners, there are a ton of bad one's too.
No, they don't (to the bolded part). Read your warranty terms.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote