View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Z28 - Please try and understand.....

Look guys,

Please stop marginalizing our fondness for the Z28. It may not mean anything to you, but to us it is important. It is a very significant part of Camaro lore. If you don't get why it's important, that's completely fair. However, those of us that are blinded by the possibility of the Z28 would ask that you allow us to indulge ourselves.

Maybe the following scenario will help you understand our position.

In all the recent threads regarding the Z28, replace Z28 with SS or V8. If GM had launched this car and made no confirmation that there would be any SS or V8 available it would bug the hell out of most, if not all of us. Well, that's how we feel about the Z28. It is exclusive and historic to the Camaro, just like the V8 albeit in less volume. Equally there is a smaller percentage of us than those that don't need or even care about the Z28.

So again, we aren't trying to convince you that you should want a Z28. Stop trying to convince us that we don't need it, or that it's no big deal. It's our choice. Cut us some slack. For us, our Camaro hasn't even been announced yet. Yours is on display in its full glory. Be patient with us, we're still waiting.

We want one, and furthermore we want GM to know we want one.

I am in no way trying to continue this back and forth banter. What I would like is for us to be able to continue our conversations on the possibility and potential of the Z28 just like we've all been doing on the Camaro up till last Friday.

If you'd like to join us in respectful conversation on the Z28 then we'd love to engage. If you just want to give us crap, then understand you'll have picked a fight. I truly don't expect the latter to happen, not around Camaro5 anyway.

Boxmonkeyracing, I apologize for not helping you out sooner. You have been a true, respectful, champion and I appreciate you standing your ground. Consider, me at your side from now on.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote